TOURISM AWARENESS MONTH
Welcome to the homepage for Tourism Awareness Month, celebrated annually during the month of May! Our aim is to increase your awareness of the tourism and hospitality industry’s economic, cultural and social contributions to our Nature Isle, Dominica.
Many activities are planned for Tourism Awareness Month 2013:
- The Tourism Youth Congress (May 3)
- Hike Fest (May 4, 11, & 18)
- DDA & You Workshop (May 9)
- Portsmouth Paint-A-Thon (May 11 – 12)
- Jazz n’ Creole (May 19)
- Tourism Fun Day (May 26)
- Service Providers Appreciation Day (May 29)
- DHTA Cocktail Party (June 1)
There are prizes to be won and activities that would appeal to every person. Look at our calendar to begin planning where you are going to meet us!
Discover Dominica Authority would like to invite everyone to participate in the activities and attend the events. We value your support and look forward to seeing you at future events.
Tourism Awareness Month 2013 will launch on May 1 with the Tourism Industry Recognition Awards Ceremony.
TOURISM INDUSTRY RECOGNITION AWARDS
Tourism Industry Recognition Awards recognise the stakeholders across the industry who have demonstrated commitment to the development of their sub-sector and tourism as a whole.
The Discover Dominica Authority is holding its Tourism Industry Recognition Awards and Official Opening of Tourism Awareness Month on Wednesday, May 1st, 2013. The ceremony recognized the stakeholders across the industry who have demonstrated commitment to the development of their sub -sector and tourism as a whole. The activities for Tourism Awareness Month May 2013 can be downloaded on the calendar attached.
Tourism Industry Awards 2013 - Nomination Forms
- Accommodation of the Year - Click Here
- Tour Operator of the Year - Click Here
- Tour Guide of the year - Click Here
- Tourism Taxi Service Provider of the Year - Click Here
- Tourism Vendor of the Year - Click Here
- Responsible Tourism Award - Click Here
- Community Tourism Development Award - Click Here
- Tourism Industry Employee of the Year Award - Click Here
Winners of Tourism Industry Recognition Awards 2012
- Accommodation of the Year - Rosalie Bay Resort
- Tour Guide of the year - Josianne Leogal
- Tourism Taxi Service Provider of the Year - Peterson Angol
- Tourism Vendor of the Year - Agnita Hurtault
- Responsible Tourism Award - Picard Beach Cottages
- Community Tourism Development Award - Bellevue Chopin Organic Farmers Group
- Tourism Industry Employee of the Year Award - Wayne James of the Fort Young Hotel
- Directors Awards to The Armour Family for 40 years of contribution to the development of Tourism in Dominica
Journalists who participated in a 3 day DDA & CTO sponsored training workshop submitted features on tourism and four (4) were recognized.
- Overall Best Feature - Kirshena Joseph of the Chronicles
- Best News Report - Edona Jno Baptiste of Marpin 2K4 (award sponsored by CTO)
- Recognition Certificate - 1) Marie - Antoinette Mora 2) Abigail Antoine